Access Library Resources
Guidelines for AFRL Subscribed Content:
An EZ Proxy account is required to access the technical library’s electronic resources.
Only Air Force Research Laboratory Munitions Directorate (AFRL at Eglin AFB) employees and their contractors are eligible for an EZ Proxy Account, all other customers wishing to access library electronic resources may do so by visiting the Technical Library in person.
Once your account is set up we will send a brief tutorial with instructions on how to access the resources.
Authorized users may:
- Make use of the published materials as is consistent with the Fair Use Provisions of United States and international copyright laws.
- Authorized Users may view, download or print a reasonable portion of the Published Materials for their personal scholarly research.
- Print ONE (1) paper copy of any article or portion obtained as a result of the search; OR locally store on floppy disk or hard drive the result of the search, and later display and view that material on screen, or print ONE (1) copy of it or portion on paper.
- Download and/or print excerpts of reasonable quantity.
- Use brief quotations from the content of the published materials with the customary acknowledgment of the source.
- Include printed or electronic copies of items from licensed material in connection with courses or classroom instruction provided by an Authorized user, as long as the item carries appropriate acknowledgement of the source.
- Fulfill Interlibrary loan requests - if you represent an officially recognized library - via regular mail or fax - NOT by electronic transmission. (A few publishers make an exception to this.)
Authorized users may not:
- Offer any licensed material or portion thereof for sale, or post to any open website that would allow downloading of licensed material to a commercial web site.
- Alter, adapt, transform, translate or create any derivative work based on the licensed material, or in any way infringe on the intellectual property rights of the publisher.
- Make substantial or systematic reproduction, print or download entire issues of a publication, or create a searchable archive of publications.
- Transmit, disseminate or otherwise make any licensed material or portion available to any other person (including authorized users), by any means, including electronic, optical, or print, and the user may not store these materials on any medium other than as described above.
In plain terms, an authorized user is permitted to make a single copy of an article for their personal use. No additional copies may be made or distributed to others.
Violations of License Agreements in effect with publishers may result in legal action and/or termination of e-journal / database access for AFRL. All applicable copyright laws and regulations will also be followed.